Guest blog entry by Missoula runner, Jenni Graff. Let’s face it. Interval training sucks; it’s hard to motivate yourself to do speed work, fartleks are just as hard to do as they are to pronounce, and track workouts haven’t gotten any less miserable since you were in high school rocking short shorts… To read all ten […]
Days are short. You go to work in the dark. You come home from work in the dark. You decided to take the winter off and recuperate after racing a 5k every weekend in the summer. It is now February, and even though Punxsutawney Phil is predicting 6 more weeks of winter, it is time […]
It’s cold, it’s dark, and I feel like sitting on the couch setting a Netflix Breaking Bad marathon personal record. If you are like me, winter can be a challenging time to get outside and exercise. Read below for some strategies to keep you running and exercising until the glacier lilies bloom. To keep accountability […]
Leaves are changing and the mornings have been brisk which means two things, it’s autumn and XC season! However, one fall conundrum has us thinking – why do collegiate women run shorter distances in XC AND is it fair? Fast forward 6 months. It’s now track season. The women’s 10k goes off then 20 minutes […]
You may be a veteran runner or you may be a novice. Regardless of your background, you may have heard of tempo runs or threshold training. Tempo runs are a common and straightforward training tool that all runners should incorporate into their training plans! What is the purpose of a tempo run? Tempo runs are […]
- 10 Ways to Make Kicking Your Own Ass Fun: The Runner’s Edition (Teaser) March 8, 2015
- Winter is (almost) gone! February 5, 2015
- Dark Days – High Spirits. December 1, 2014
- Cross Country – Gender Equality? October 8, 2014
- Tempo Train to a Personal Record! September 2, 2014
- 406runner interview – Makena Morley January 31, 2012
- 2012 Bridger Ridge Run Results August 12, 2012
- Missoula- 2012 Run for the Luck of It Results March 11, 2012
- Damian Stoy, of Wholistic Running, describes the importance of running technique March 5, 2012
- 406runner Interview-Tony Banovich January 15, 2012
- Race Report: Bridger Ridge Run | Watch Will Tri: [...] Results: [...]...
- Quick Link Post! | Running Before I Walk: [...] add your blog to 406running.com’s blog...
- fatandslowdivision: The coolest part of this was the run through the g...
- damianstoy: The foundation of Chi Running and efficient runnin...
- Abby: What a great blog...